Proficient with Windows?
Donnot have any idea what UNIX is?
Fascinated with UNIX?
Donot have Unix Machine?
You are reading this blog that means you want to learn UNIX and the answer for all the above questions is in YES.
Simply follow the below mentioned three steps to start your journey with UNIX on windows:STEP1: Downloading UNIX
STEP2: Installing UNIX
STEP3: Starting with UNIX
- A very good free Unix option is MINIX3. From here you can download the MINIX3.
- Done with the UNIX download? Now you need a virtual machine on which the UNIX will run on top of windows. VMware Player is a very good option for running MINIX3. From here you can download the VMware Player.
- Unzip MINIX3 to any suitable location in your hard drive. Example: D:\unix\minix311_256MB_1GB
- Install free VMware Player into your Windows machine.
- Run VMware Player.
- Browse/Open the Virtual machine (dos.vmx) in/from your hard drive. Example: D:\unix\minix311_256MB_1GB\dos.vmx
- Use Ctrl+G to gain the focus of Virtual Machine.
- Use Login:admin, Password:root
Starting with UNIX
- A good place to start with UNIX is here.
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF UNIX